Hot Water Solutions Q3 Supply Chain Newsletter
Smart Water Heat Is Now Hot Water Solutions
In order to ensure you and your customers have the most up-to-date information on the evolving heat pump water heater market, Smart Water Heat is now Hot Water Solutions.
Our new website is integrated with utility partners' websites to better showcase utility-specific incentives and content. As part of this transition, we also refreshed our suite of marketing materials to make it easier for you to educate customers and boost sales.
Head to HotWaterSolutionsNW.org for more information, or contact us with any questions.GE GeoSpring Promotion Update
The 2015 GE GeoSpring 50- and 80-gallon Tier 2 and Tier 3 unit promotion is currently going strong, and there has never been a better time to take advantage of substantial heat pump water heater markdowns and sales opportunities. Details are as follows:
- The promotion runs through December 31, 2015, or while funds last.
- GeoSpring units are marked down $300 through GE's Northwest supply chain.
- An additional $100 markdown ($400 total) is offered on GeoSpring Pro units in the wholesale channel. This applies to 50-gallon (GEH50DEEJSC) and 80-gallon (GEH80DEEJSC) models.
- GE's supply chain partners may offer additional markdowns; please check with your local distributor for more information.
- An optional ducting kit is available.
- The GeoSpring unit must be placed in Cold Climate Efficiency (CCE) mode to achieve Tier 3 efficiency, which provides homeowners with the highest savings on water heating costs.
We are pleased to announce that a new Tier 1 Stiebel Eltron 58-gallon heat pump water heater has been added to the Northern Climate Specification Qualified Products list. This unit is the highest efficiency Tier 1 unit to date, with a Northern Climate Energy Factor of 2.58. It also has a Northern Climate Delivery Rating of 3 and can be found at many Northwest wholesale locations.
Visit stiebel-eltron-usa.com/accelera.html for more information.Building Heat Pump Water Heater Consumer Awareness This Fall
This fall, numerous heat pump water heater promotions and awareness-building activities targeted at Northwest consumers are on offer, including:
- ENERGY STAR's® national water heater awareness campaign in September and October. Visit www.energystar.gov/waterheaters for resources.
- Regional public service announcements launching in October highlighting the money-saving benefits of heat pump water heaters.
- Other regional heat pump water heater product promotions and markdowns, including the GE promotion currently underway at retail and wholesale locations throughout the Northwest.
Demand for heat pump water heaters is certain to increase this fall, consider taking advantage of our resources to make sure you're ready:
- Click here to learn about utility incentives in your region, and visit dsireusa.org for information on available tax credits.
- Attend a Hot Water Solutions installer orientation to stay up to date on heat pump water heater technology, learn about recent heat pump water heater market developments and ensure placement on our contractor finder list. Register for your orientation here.
- Head to our Resources page for marketing tools and templates.